Synonyms of imprisoned
- 1. imprison, incarcerate, lag, immure, put behind bars, jail, jug, gaol, put away, remand, confine, detain
- usage: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
- 2. imprison, confine, detain
- usage: confine as if in a prison; "His daughters are virtually imprisoned in their own house; he does not let them go out without a chaperone"
- 1. captive, confined, imprisoned, jailed, unfree (vs. free)
- usage: being in captivity
All rights reserved.