Synonyms of impromptu
- 1. impromptu, address, speech
- usage: an extemporaneous speech or remark; "a witty impromptu must not sound premeditated"
- 2. impromptu, passage, musical passage
- usage: a short musical passage that seems to have been made spontaneously without advance preparation
- 1. ad-lib, extemporaneous, extemporary, extempore, impromptu, offhand, offhanded, off-the-cuff, unrehearsed, unprepared (vs. prepared)
- usage: with little or no preparation or forethought; "his ad-lib comments showed poor judgment"; "an extemporaneous piano recital"; "an extemporary lecture"; "an extempore skit"; "an impromptu speech"; "offhand excuses"; "trying to sound offhanded and reassuring"; "an off-the-cuff toast"; "a few unrehearsed comments"
- 1. ad lib, ad libitum, spontaneously, impromptu
- usage: without advance preparation; "he spoke ad lib"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of impromptu (Dictionary)