Synonyms of impulse
- 1. urge, impulse, motivation, motive, need
- usage: an instinctive motive; "profound religious impulses"
- 2. caprice, impulse, whim, desire
- usage: a sudden desire; "he bought it on an impulse"
- 3. nerve impulse, nervous impulse, neural impulse, impulse, electrical discharge
- usage: the electrical discharge that travels along a nerve fiber; "they demonstrated the transmission of impulses from the cortex to the hypothalamus"
- 4. pulsation, pulsing, pulse, impulse, wave, undulation
- usage: (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients); "the pulsations seemed to be coming from a star"
- 5. impulse, impulsion, impetus, drive, thrust, driving force
- usage: the act of applying force suddenly; "the impulse knocked him over"
- 6. momentum, impulse, force, forcefulness, strength
- usage: an impelling force or strength; "the car's momentum carried it off the road"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of impulse (Dictionary)