Synonyms of inactive
- 1. inactive, unreactive (vs. reactive)
- usage: (chemistry) not participating in a chemical reaction; chemically inert; "desired amounts of inactive chlorine"
- 2. inactive (vs. active), dead-end, flat, indolent, latent, quiescent
- usage: (pathology) not progressing or increasing; or progressing slowly
- 3. nonoperational (vs. operational), inactive
- usage: (military) not involved in military operations
- 4. inactive (vs. active), quiescent
- usage: not exerting influence or change
- 5. dormant (vs. active), inactive, quiescent
- usage: (of e.g. volcanos) not erupting and not extinct ; "a dormant volcano"
- 6. passive (vs. active), inactive, hands-off, resistless, supine, unresisting
- usage: lacking in energy or will; "Much benevolence of the passive order may be traced to a disinclination to inflict pain upon oneself"- George Meredith
- 7. inactive (vs. active), dark, dead, dull, slow, sluggish, idle, unused, strikebound
- usage: lacking activity; lying idle or unused; "an inactive mine"; "inactive accounts"; "inactive machinery"
- 8. inactive (vs. active), off, retired
- usage: not engaged in full-time work; "inactive reserve"; "an inactive member"
- 9. inactive (vs. active), desk-bound, deskbound, abeyant, dormant, hypoactive, underactive, inert, sluggish, soggy, torpid, sedentary, lethargic#1, unenrgetic
- usage: not active physically or mentally; "illness forced him to live an inactive life"; "dreamy and inactive by nature"
- 10. inactive, motionless, static, still, nonmoving (vs. moving), unmoving
- usage: not in physical motion; "the inertia of an object at rest"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of inactive (Dictionary)