Synonyms of incline
- 1. slope, incline, side, geological formation, formation
- usage: an elevated geological formation; "he climbed the steep slope"; "the house was built on the side of a mountain"
- 2. ramp, incline, inclined plane
- usage: an inclined surface connecting two levels
- 1. tend, be given, lean, incline, run, be
- usage: have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined; "She tends to be nervous before her lectures"; "These dresses run small"; "He inclined to corpulence"
- 2. incline, listen, hear, take heed
- usage: bend or turn (one's ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well; "He inclined his ear to the wise old man"
- 3. incline, lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down
- usage: lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow; "She inclined her head to the student"
- 4. slope, incline, pitch, lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle
- usage: be at an angle; "The terrain sloped down"
- 5. incline, feel, experience
- usage: feel favorably disposed or willing; "She inclines to the view that people should be allowed to expres their religious beliefs"
- 6. dispose, incline, determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate
- usage: make receptive or willing towards an action or attitude or belief; "Their language inclines us to believe them"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of incline (Dictionary)