Synonyms of industry
- 1. industry, commercial enterprise
- usage: the people or companies engaged in a particular kind of commercial enterprise; "each industry has its own trade publications"
- 2. industry, manufacture, commercial enterprise, business enterprise, business
- usage: the organized action of making of goods and services for sale; "American industry is making increased use of computers to control production"
- 3. diligence, industriousness, industry, determination, purpose
- usage: persevering determination to perform a task; "his diligence won him quick promotions"; "frugality and industry are still regarded as virtues"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of industry (Dictionary)