Synonyms of ingredient
- 1. ingredient, component, constituent, element
- usage: a component of a mixture or compound
- 2. component, constituent, element, factor, ingredient, part, section, division
- usage: an abstract part of something; "jealousy was a component of his character"; "two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony"; "the grammatical elements of a sentence"; "a key factor in her success"; "humor: an effective ingredient of a speech"
- 3. ingredient, fixings, foodstuff, food product
- usage: food that is a component of a mixture in cooking; "the recipe lists all the fixings for a salad"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ingredient (Dictionary)