Synonyms of innocent
- 1. innocent, inexperienced person, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who lacks knowledge of evil
- 1. innocent (vs. guilty), guiltless, clean-handed, absolved, clear, cleared, exculpated, exonerated, vindicated, acquitted, not guilty, blameless, inculpable, irreproachable, unimpeachable, exculpatory, righteous
- usage: free from evil or guilt; "an innocent child"; "the principle that one is innocent until proved guilty"
- 2. innocent, innocuous, harmless (vs. harmful)
- usage: lacking intent or capacity to injure; "an innocent prank"
- 3. impeccant, innocent, sinless, virtuous (vs. wicked)
- usage: free from sin
- 4. innocent, ingenuous, naive (vs. sophisticated), naif
- usage: lacking in sophistication or worldliness; "a child's innocent stare"; "his ingenuous explanation that he would not have burned the church if he had not thought the bishop was in it"
- 5. innocent(predicate), unacquainted(predicate), uninformed (vs. informed)
- usage: not knowledgeable about something specified; "American tourists wholly innocent of French"; "a person unacquainted with our customs"
- 6. barren, destitute, devoid, free, innocent, nonexistent (vs. existent)
- usage: completely wanting or lacking; "writing barren of insight"; "young recruits destitute of experience"; "innocent of literary merit"; "the sentence was devoid of meaning"
- 7. innocent, unconscious (vs. conscious)
- usage: (used of things) lacking sense or awareness; "fine innocent weather"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of innocent (Dictionary)