Synonyms of institutionalised
- 1. commit, institutionalize, institutionalise, send, charge, transfer
- usage: cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution; "After the second episode, she had to be committed"; "he was committed to prison"
- 1. institutionalized (vs. noninstitutionalized), institutionalised
- usage: officially placed in or committed to a specialized institution; "had hopes of rehabilitating the institutionalized juvenile delinquents"
- 2. institutionalized, institutionalised, institutional (vs. noninstitutional)
- usage: given the character of an institution or incorporated into a structured and usually well-established system; "institutionalized graft"; "institutionalized suicide as practiced in Japan"
All rights reserved.