Synonyms of intercept
- 1. intercept, point
- usage: the point at which a line intersects a coordinate axis
- 1. intercept, stop, catch, grab, take hold of
- usage: seize on its way; "The fighter plane was ordered to intercept an aircraft that had entered the country's airspace"
- 2. wiretap, tap, intercept, bug, listen in, eavesdrop
- usage: tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information; "The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"; "Is this hotel room bugged?"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of intercept (Dictionary)