Synonyms of iron
- 1. iron, Fe, atomic number 26, metallic element, metal
- usage: a heavy ductile magnetic metallic element; is silver-white in pure form but readily rusts; used in construction and tools and armament; plays a role in the transport of oxygen by the blood
- 2. iron, golf club, golf-club, club
- usage: a golf club that has a relatively narrow metal head
- 3. iron, branding iron, implement
- usage: implement used to brand live stock
- 4. iron, smoothing iron, home appliance, household appliance
- usage: home appliance consisting of a flat metal base that is heated and used to smooth cloth
- 1. iron, iron out, press, press
- usage: press and smooth with a heated iron; "press your shirts"; "she stood there ironing"
- 1. cast-iron, iron, robust (vs. frail)
- usage: extremely robust; "an iron constitution"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of iron (Dictionary)