Synonyms of isometry
- 1. isometry, growth rate, rate of growth
- usage: the growth rates in different parts of a growing organism are the same
- 2. isometry, function, mathematical function, single-valued function, map, mapping
- usage: a one-to-one mapping of one metric space into another metric space that preserves the distances between each pair of points; "the isometries of the cube"
- 3. isometry, elevation
- usage: equality of elevation above sea level
- 4. isometry, equality
- usage: equality of measure (e.g., equality of height above sea level or equality of loudness etc.)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of isometry (Dictionary)