- 1. joke, gag, laugh, jest, jape, wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness
- usage: a humorous anecdote or remark intended to provoke laughter; "he told a very funny joke"; "he knows a million gags"; "thanks for the laugh"; "he laughed unpleasantly at his own jest"; "even a schoolboy's jape is supposed to have some ascertainable point"
- 2. jest, joke, jocularity, diversion, recreation
- usage: activity characterized by good humor
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. joke, jest, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: tell a joke; speak humorously; "He often jokes even when he appears serious"
- 2. joke, jest, act, behave, do
- usage: act in a funny or teasing way
All rights reserved.
See also: jest (Dictionary)