Synonyms of jibe
- 1. shot, shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe, remark, comment, input
- usage: an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
- 1. match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree, equal, be
- usage: be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- 2. jibe, gybe, jib, change course, sail
- usage: shift from one side of the ship to the other; "The sail jibbed wildly"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of jibe (Dictionary)