WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. toilet, lavatory, lav, can, john, privy, bathroom, room
- usage: a room or building equipped with one or more toilets
- 2. John, King John, John Lackland
- usage: youngest son of Henry II; King of England from 1199 to 1216; succeeded to the throne on the death of his brother Richard I; lost his French possessions; in 1215 John was compelled by the barons to sign the Magna Carta (1167-1216)
- 3. John, Saint John, St. John, Saint John the Apostle, St. John the Apostle, John the Evangelist, John the Divine
- usage: (New Testament) disciple of Jesus; traditionally said to be the author of the 4th Gospel and three epistles and the book of Revelation
- 4. whoremaster, whoremonger, john, trick, customer, client
- usage: a prostitute's customer
- 5. John, Gospel According to John
- usage: the last of the four Gospels in the New Testament
All rights reserved.
See also: john (Dictionary)