- 1. jolt, jar, jounce, shock, blow, bump
- usage: a sudden jarring impact; "the door closed with a jolt"; "all the jars and jolts were smoothed out by the shock absorbers"
- 2. jerk, jerking, jolt, saccade, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: an abrupt spasmodic movement
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jolt, jar, move
- usage: move or cause to move with a sudden jerky motion
- 2. jolt, disturb, upset, trouble
- usage: disturb (someone's) composure; "The audience was jolted by the play"
All rights reserved.
See also: jolt (Dictionary)