Synonyms of judging
- 1. judgment, judgement, judging, decision making, deciding
- usage: the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
- 1. judge, decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate
- usage: determine the result of (a competition)
- 2. evaluate, pass judgment, judge, think, cogitate, cerebrate
- usage: form a critical opinion of; "I cannot judge some works of modern art"; "How do you evaluate this grant proposal?" "We shouldn't pass judgment on other people"
- 3. estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
- 4. pronounce, label, judge, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- 5. judge, adjudicate, try, decide, make up one's mind, determine
- usage: put on trial or hear a case and sit as the judge at the trial of; "The football star was tried for the murder of his wife"; "The judge tried both father and son in separate trials"
All rights reserved.