WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. court, tribunal, judicature, assembly
- usage: an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business
- 2. judiciary, judicature, judicatory, judicial system, system, scheme
- usage: the system of law courts that administer justice and constitute the judicial branch of government
- 3. administration, judicature, justice
- usage: the act of meting out justice according to the law
- 4. judgeship, judicature, position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation
- usage: the position of judge
All rights reserved.
See also: judicature (Dictionary)