- 1. jumpstart, jump-start, action
- usage: starting an automobile engine that has a weak battery by means of jumper cables to another car; "my battery was dead so I had to get a jumpstart from my neighbor"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jumpstart, jump-start, jump, start, start up
- usage: start (a car engine whose battery is dead) by connecting it to another car's battery
- 2. jumpstart, jump-start, begin, lead off, start, commence
- usage: start or re-start vigorously; "The Secretary of State intends to jumpstart the Middle East Peace Process"
All rights reserved.
See also: jumpstart (Dictionary)