WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. justice, justness, righteousness, natural virtue
- usage: the quality of being just or fair
- 2. justice, judgment, judgement, assessment
- usage: judgment involved in the determination of rights and the assignment of rewards and punishments
- 3. judge, justice, jurist, official, functionary, adjudicator
- usage: a public official authorized to decide questions brought before a court of justice
- 4. Department of Justice, Justice Department, Justice, DoJ, executive department
- usage: the United States federal department responsible for enforcing federal laws (including the enforcement of all civil rights legislation); created in 1870
All rights reserved.
See also: justice (Dictionary)