Synonyms of keep back
- 1. restrain, keep, keep back, hold back, inhibit, bottle up, suppress
- usage: keep under control; keep in check; "suppress a smile"; "Keep your temper"; "keep your cool"
- 2. retain, hold, keep back, hold back, keep, hold on
- usage: secure and keep for possible future use or application; "The landlord retained the security deposit"; "I reserve the right to disagree"
- 3. withhold, keep back, deny, refuse
- usage: hold back; refuse to hand over or share; "The father is withholding the allowance until the son cleans his room"
All rights reserved.