Synonyms of kept up
- 1. keep up
- usage: maintain a required pace or level; "He could not keep up and dropped out of the race"
- 2. prolong, sustain, keep up, continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve
- usage: lengthen or extend in duration or space; "We sustained the diplomatic negotiations as long as possible"; "prolong the treatment of the patient"; "keep up the good work"
- 3. conserve, preserve, maintain, keep up, keep
- usage: keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction; "We preserve these archeological findings"; "The old lady could not keep up the building"; "children must be taught to conserve our national heritage"; "The museum curator conserved the ancient manuscripts"
- 4. keep up, keep abreast, follow
- usage: keep informed; "He kept up on his country's foreign policies"
- 5. keep up
- usage: prevent from going to bed at night; "The anticipation of the trip kept the children up all night"; "I kept myself up all night studying for the exam"
- 1. kept up(predicate), maintained, well-kept, preserved (vs. destroyed)
- usage: kept in good condition
All rights reserved.