WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. kettle, boiler, pot
- usage: a metal pot for stewing or boiling; usually has a lid
- 2. kettle, kettleful, containerful
- usage: the quantity a kettle will hold
- 3. kettle hole, kettle, hole, hollow
- usage: (geology) a hollow (typically filled by a lake) that results from the melting of a mass of ice trapped in glacial deposits
- 4. kettle, kettledrum, tympanum, tympani, timpani, percussion instrument, percussive instrument
- usage: a large hemispherical brass or copper percussion instrument with a drumhead that can be tuned by adjusting the tension on it
All rights reserved.
See also: kettle (Dictionary)