- 1. identify, discover, key, key out, distinguish, describe, name
- usage: identify as in botany or biology, for example
- 2. key, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a key; "We were keyed after the locks were changed in the building"
- 3. key, vandalize, vandalise
- usage: vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key; "His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot"
- 4. key, harmonize, harmonise, chord
- usage: regulate the musical pitch of
- 5. key, harmonize, harmonise, reconcile
- usage: harmonize with or adjust to; "key one's actions to the voters' prevailing attitude"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. keyed (vs. keyless)
- usage: fitted with or secured by a key; "a keyed instrument"; "the locks have not yet been keyed"
- 2. keyed, tonal (vs. atonal)
- usage: set to a key or tone
All rights reserved.
See also: keyed (Dictionary)