- 1. keynote, subject, topic, theme
- usage: the principal theme in a speech or literary work
- 2. keynote, idea, thought
- usage: a fundamental or central idea
- 3. tonic, keynote, note, musical note, tone
- usage: (music) the first note of a diatonic scale
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. keynote, set
- usage: set the keynote of; "Comfort keynotes this designer's Fall collection"
- 2. keynote, address, speak
- usage: give the keynote address to (an audience)
All rights reserved.
See also: keynote (Dictionary)