WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. kickoff, place kick, place-kicking, beginning, start, commencement
- usage: (football) a kick from the center of the field to start a football game or to resume it after a score
- 2. beginning, commencement, first, outset, get-go, start, kickoff, starting time, showtime, offset, point, point in time
- usage: the time at which something is supposed to begin; "they got an early start"; "she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- 3. kickoff, send-off, start-off, start
- usage: a start given to contestants; "I was there with my parents at the kickoff"
All rights reserved.
See also: kickoff (Dictionary)