Synonyms of killing
- 1. killing, violent death, fatality, human death
- usage: an event that causes someone to die
- 2. killing, kill, putting to death, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: the act of terminating a life
- 3. killing, cleanup, net income, net, net profit, lucre, profit, profits, earnings
- usage: a very large profit
- 1. kill
- usage: cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly; "This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"; "The farmer killed a pig for the holidays"
- 2. kill, shoot down, defeat, vote down, vote out, veto, blackball, negative
- usage: thwart the passage of; "kill a motion"; "he shot down the student's proposal"
- 3. stamp out, kill, end, terminate
- usage: end or extinguish by forceful means; "Stamp out poverty!"
- 4. kill, be
- usage: be fatal; "cigarettes kill"; "drunken driving kills"
- 5. kill, hurt, ache, suffer
- usage: be the source of great pain for; "These new shoes are killing me!"
- 6. kill, overwhelm, overpower, sweep over, whelm, overcome, overtake
- usage: overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration; "The comedian was so funny, he was killing me!"
- 7. kill, hit
- usage: hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games; "She killed the ball"
- 8. kill, hit
- usage: hit with great force; "He killed the ball"
- 9. kill
- usage: deprive of life; "AIDS has killed thousands in Africa"
- 10. kill
- usage: cause the death of, without intention; "She was killed in the collision of three cars"
- 11. toss off, pop, bolt down, belt down, pour down, down, drink down, kill, drink, imbibe
- usage: drink down entirely; "He downed three martinis before dinner"; "She killed a bottle of brandy that night"; "They popped a few beer after work"
- 12. kill, obliterate, wipe out, take away, take out
- usage: mark for deletion, rub off, or erase; "kill these lines in the President's speech"
- 13. kill, exhaust, wash up, beat, tucker, tucker out
- usage: tire out completely; "The daily stress of her work is killing her"
- 14. kill, switch off, cut, turn off, turn out
- usage: cause to cease operating; "kill the engine"
- 15. kill, destroy, destruct
- usage: destroy a vitally essential quality of or in; "Eating artichokes kills the taste of all other foods"
- 1. killing, sidesplitting, humorous (vs. humorless), humourous
- usage: very funny; "a killing joke"; "sidesplitting antics"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of killing (Dictionary)