Synonyms of kind
- 1. kind, sort, form, variety, category
- usage: a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality; "sculpture is a form of art"; "what kinds of desserts are there?"
- 1. kind (vs. unkind), benignant, gracious, benign, charitable, benevolent, kindly, sympathetic, good-hearted, openhearted, large-hearted, gentle, kindhearted, kind-hearted, considerate, benign#2, benignant, good-natured, merciful, soft
- usage: having or showing a tender and considerate and helpful nature; used especially of persons and their behavior; "kind to sick patients"; "a kind master"; "kind words showing understanding and sympathy"; "thanked her for her kind letter"
- 2. kind, genial, hospitable (vs. inhospitable)
- usage: agreeable, conducive to comfort; "a dry climate kind to asthmatics"; "the genial sunshine";"hot summer pavements are anything but kind to the feet"
- 3. kind, tolerant, forgiving (vs. unforgiving)
- usage: tolerant and forgiving under provocation; "our neighbor was very kind about the window our son broke"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of kind (Dictionary)