Synonyms of kindle
- 1. kindle, inflame, flare up
- usage: catch fire; "The dried grass of the prairie kindled, spreading the flames for miles"
- 2. kindle, enkindle, conflagrate, inflame, ignite, light
- usage: cause to start burning; "The setting sun kindled the sky with oranges and reds"
- 3. arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke, make, create
- usage: call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of kindle (Dictionary)