Synonyms of kindly
- 1. charitable, benevolent, kindly, sympathetic, good-hearted, openhearted, large-hearted, kind (vs. unkind)
- usage: showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity; "was charitable in his opinions of others"; "kindly criticism"; "a kindly act"; "sympathetic words"; "a large-hearted mentor"
- 2. kindly, benign (vs. malign), benignant
- usage: pleasant and agreeable; "a kindly climate"; "kindly breeze"
- 1. kindly
- usage: in a kind manner or out of kindness; "He spoke kindly to the boy"; "she kindly overlooked the mistake"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of kindly (Dictionary)