Synonyms of king
- 1. king, male monarch, Rex, sovereign, crowned head, monarch
- usage: a male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom
- 2. king, queen, world-beater, rival, challenger, competitor, competition, contender
- usage: a competitor who holds a preeminent position
- 3. baron, big businessman, business leader, king, magnate, mogul, power, top executive, tycoon, businessman, man of affairs
- usage: a very wealthy or powerful businessman; "an oil baron"
- 4. king, eminence, distinction, preeminence, note
- usage: preeminence in a particular category or group or field; "the lion is the king of beasts"
- 5. King, Billie Jean King, Billie Jean Moffitt King
- usage: United States woman tennis player (born in 1943)
- 6. King, B. B. King, Riley B King
- usage: United States guitar player and singer of the blues (born in 1925)
- 7. King, Martin Luther King, Martin Luther King Jr.
- usage: United States charismatic civil rights leader and Baptist minister who campaigned against the segregation of Blacks (1929-1968)
- 8. king, checker, chequer
- usage: a checker that has been moved to the opponent's first row where it is promoted to a piece that is free to move either forward or backward
- 9. king, face card, picture card, court card
- usage: one of the four playing cards in a deck bearing the picture of a king
- 10. king, chessman, chess piece
- usage: (chess) the weakest but the most important piece
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of king (Dictionary)