Synonyms of knight
- 1. knight, male aristocrat
- usage: originally a person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry; today in Great Britain a person honored by the sovereign for personal merit
- 2. knight, horse, chessman, chess piece
- usage: a chessman shaped to resemble the head of a horse; can move two squares horizontally and one vertically (or vice versa)
- 1. knight, dub, ennoble, gentle, entitle
- usage: raise (someone) to knighthood; "The Beatles were knighted"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of knight (Dictionary)