Synonyms of label
- 1. label, description
- usage: a brief description given for purposes of identification; "the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
- 2. label, recording label, trade name, brand name, brand, marque
- usage: trade name of a company that produces musical recordings; "the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
- 3. label, radioisotope
- usage: a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- 4. label, marker, marking, mark
- usage: an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
- 1. label, designate, denominate
- usage: assign a label to; designate with a label; "These students were labelled `learning disabled'"
- 2. tag, label, mark, attach
- usage: attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"
- 3. pronounce, label, judge, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- 4. label, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- 5. label, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of label (Dictionary)