Synonyms of laboring
- 1. tug, labor, labour, push, drive, fight, struggle
- usage: strive and make an effort to reach a goal; "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
- 2. labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil, work, do work
- usage: work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- 3. labor, labour, undergo
- usage: undergo the efforts of childbirth
- 1. drudging, laboring, labouring, toiling, busy (vs. idle)
- usage: doing arduous or unpleasant work; "drudging peasants"; "the bent backs of laboring slaves picking cotton"; "toiling coal miners in the black deeps"
All rights reserved.