Synonyms of laid off
- 1. discontinue, stop, cease, give up, quit, lay off
- usage: put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother"
- 2. furlough, lay off, displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate
- usage: dismiss, usually for economic reasons; "She was laid off together with hundreds of other workers when the company downsized"
- 1. discharged, dismissed, fired, laid-off, pink-slipped, unemployed (vs. employed)
- usage: having lost your job
All rights reserved.