Synonyms of land
- 1. land, real property, real estate, realty, immovable
- usage: the land on which real estate is located; "he built the house on land leased from the city"
- 2. land, ground, soil, object, physical object
- usage: material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use); "the land had never been plowed"; "good agricultural soil"
- 3. domain, demesne, land, region
- usage: territory over which rule or control is exercised; "his domain extended into Europe"; "he made it the law of the land"
- 4. land, dry land, earth, ground, solid ground, terra firma, object, physical object
- usage: the solid part of the earth's surface; "the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land"; "the earth shook for several minutes"; "he dropped the logs on the ground"
- 5. country, state, land, administrative district, administrative division, territorial division
- usage: the territory occupied by a nation; "he returned to the land of his birth"; "he visited several European countries"
- 6. kingdom, land, realm, sphere, domain, area, orbit, field, arena
- usage: a domain in which something is dominant; "the untroubled kingdom of reason"; "a land of make-believe"; "the rise of the realm of cotton in the south"
- 7. estate, land, landed estate, acres, demesne, real property, real estate, realty, immovable
- usage: extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use; "the family owned a large estate on Long Island"
- 8. nation, land, country, people
- usage: the people who live in a nation or country; "a statement that sums up the nation's mood"; "the news was announced to the nation"; "the whole country worshipped him"
- 9. state, nation, country, land, commonwealth, res publica, body politic, political unit, political entity
- usage: a politically organized body of people under a single government; "the state has elected a new president"; "African nations"; "students who had come to the nation's capitol"; "the country's largest manufacturer"; "an industrialized land"
- 10. Land, Din Land, Edwin Herbert Land
- usage: United States inventor who incorporated Polaroid film into lenses and invented the one step photographic process (1909-1991)
- 11. farming, land, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: agriculture considered as an occupation or way of life; "farming is a strenuous life"; "there's no work on the land any more"
- 1. land, set down, arrive, get, come
- usage: reach or come to rest; "The bird landed on the highest branch"; "The plane landed in Istanbul"
- 2. land, put down, bring down, arrive, get, come
- usage: cause to come to the ground; "the pilot managed to land the airplane safely"
- 3. bring, land, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring into a different state; "this may land you in jail"
- 4. land, bring, convey, take
- usage: bring ashore; "The drug smugglers landed the heroin on the beach of the island"
- 5. land, deliver, drive home
- usage: deliver (a blow); "He landed several blows on his opponent's head"
- 6. land, set ashore, shore, arrive, get, come
- usage: arrive on shore; "The ship landed in Pearl Harbor"
- 7. down, shoot down, land
- usage: shoot at and force to come down; "the enemy landed several of our aircraft"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of land (Dictionary)