Synonyms of lapping
- 1. imbrication, overlapping, lapping, covering
- usage: covering with a design in which one element covers a part of another (as with tiles or shingles)
- 1. lap, lie
- usage: lie partly over or alongside of something or of one another
- 2. lick, lap, stroke
- usage: pass the tongue over; "the dog licked her hand"
- 3. lap, swish, swosh, swoosh, sound, go
- usage: move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The curtain swooshed open"
- 4. lap, lap up, lick, drink, imbibe
- usage: take up with the tongue; "The cat lapped up the milk"; "the cub licked the milk from its mother's breast"
- 5. lave, lap, wash, flow
- usage: wash or flow against; "the waves laved the shore"
All rights reserved.