Synonyms of last
- 1. stopping point, finale, finis, finish, last, conclusion, close, end, ending
- usage: the temporal end; the concluding time; "the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell"; "the market was up at the finish"; "they were playing better at the close of the season"
- 2. last, rank
- usage: the last or lowest in an ordering or series; "he was the last to leave"; "he finished an inglorious last"
- 3. last, activity
- usage: a person's dying act; the final thing a person can do; "he breathed his last"
- 4. death, last, end, ending
- usage: the time at which life ends; continuing until dead; "she stayed until his death"; "a struggle to the last"
- 5. last, weight unit, weight
- usage: a unit of weight equal to 4,000 pounds
- 6. last, volume unit, capacity unit, capacity measure, cubage unit, cubic measure, cubic content unit, displacement unit, cubature unit
- usage: a unit of capacity for grain equal to 80 bushels
- 7. end, last, final stage, ending, conclusion, finish
- usage: the concluding parts of an event or occurrence; "the end was exciting"; "I had to miss the last of the movie"
- 8. last, shoemaker's last, cobbler's last, holding device
- usage: holding device shaped like a human foot that is used to fashion or repair shoes
- 1. last, endure, measure
- usage: persist for a specified period of time; "The bad weather lasted for three days"
- 2. survive, last, live, live on, go, endure, hold up, hold out
- usage: continue to live through hardship or adversity; "We went without water and food for 3 days"; "These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"; "The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"; "how long can a person last without food and water?"
- 1. last(prenominal), past (vs. present) (vs. future)
- usage: immediately past; "last Thursday"; "the last chapter we read"
- 2. last (vs. first), senior(prenominal), fourth-year, sunset(prenominal), ultimate
- usage: coming after all others in time or space or degree or being the only one remaining; "the last time I saw Paris"; "the last day of the month"; "had the last word"; "waited until the last minute"; "he raised his voice in a last supreme call"; "the last game of the season"; "down to his last nickel"
- 3. concluding, final, last, terminal, closing (vs. opening)
- usage: occurring at or forming an end or termination; "his concluding words came as a surprise"; "the final chapter"; "the last days of the dinosaurs"; "terminal leave"
- 4. last, unlikely (vs. likely)
- usage: most unlikely or unsuitable; "the last person we would have suspected"; "the last man they would have chosen for the job"
- 5. last, dying (vs. nascent)
- usage: occurring at the time of death; "his last words"; "the last rites"
- 6. final, last, net, ultimate (vs. proximate)
- usage: conclusive in a process or progression; "the final answer"; "a last resort"; "the net result"
- 7. last, utmost, high (vs. low)
- usage: highest in extent or degree; "to the last measure of human endurance"; "whether they were accomplices in the last degree or a lesser one was...to be determined individually"
- 8. final, last, unalterable (vs. alterable), inalterable
- usage: not to be altered or undone; "the judge's decision is final"; "the arbiter will have the last say"
- 9. last, last-place, lowest, worst (vs. best)
- usage: lowest in rank or importance; "last prize"; "in last place"
- 1. last
- usage: most recently; "I saw him last in London"
- 2. last, lastly, in conclusion, finally
- usage: the item at the end; "last, I'll discuss family values"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of last (Dictionary)