Synonyms of lather
- 1. soapsuds, suds, lather, foam, froth
- usage: the froth produced by soaps or detergents
- 2. fret, stew, sweat, lather, swither, agitation
- usage: agitation resulting from active worry; "don't get in a stew"; "he's in a sweat about exams"
- 3. lather, workman, workingman, working man, working person
- usage: a workman who puts up laths
- 4. lather, foam, froth
- usage: the foam resulting from excessive sweating (as on a horse)
- 1. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 2. lather, foam, froth, fizz, effervesce, sparkle, form bubbles
- usage: form a lather; "The shaving cream lathered"
- 3. lather, froth
- usage: exude sweat or lather; "this unfit horse lathers easily"
- 4. soap, lather, cleanse, clean
- usage: rub soap all over, usually with the purpose of cleaning
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lather (Dictionary)