Synonyms of leaning
- 1. leaning, propensity, tendency, inclination
- usage: an inclination to do something; "he felt leanings toward frivolity"
- 2. proclivity, propensity, leaning, inclination, disposition, tendency
- usage: a natural inclination; "he has a proclivity for exaggeration"
- 3. tilt, list, inclination, lean, leaning, position, spatial relation
- usage: the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
- 4. leaning, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of deviating from a vertical position
- 1. lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle, bend, flex
- usage: to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
- 2. lean, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: cause to lean or incline; "He leaned his rifle against the wall"
- 3. tend, be given, lean, incline, run, be
- usage: have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined; "She tends to be nervous before her lectures"; "These dresses run small"; "He inclined to corpulence"
- 4. lean, trust, swear, rely, bank
- usage: rely on for support; "We can lean on this man"
- 5. list, lean, move
- usage: cause to lean to the side; "Erosion listed the old tree"
- 1. atilt, canted, leaning, tilted, tipped, inclined (vs. horizontal) (vs. vertical)
- usage: departing or being caused to depart from the true vertical or horizontal; "the leaning tower of Pisa"; "the headstones were tilted"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of leaning (Dictionary)