Synonyms of learning
- 1. learning, acquisition, basic cognitive process
- usage: the cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge; "the child's acquisition of language"
- 2. eruditeness, erudition, learnedness, learning, scholarship, encyclopedism, encyclopaedism, education
- usage: profound scholarly knowledge
- 1. learn, larn, acquire
- usage: gain knowledge or skills; "She learned dancing from her sister"; "I learned Sanskrit"; "Children acquire language at an amazing rate"
- 2. learn, hear, get word, get wind, pick up, find out, get a line, discover, see
- usage: get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally; "I learned that she has two grown-up children"; "I see that you have been promoted"
- 3. memorize, memorise, con, learn, study, hit the books
- usage: commit to memory; learn by heart; "Have you memorized your lines for the play yet?"
- 4. learn, study, read, take
- usage: be a student of a certain subject; "She is reading for the bar exam"
- 5. teach, learn, instruct, inform
- usage: impart skills or knowledge to; "I taught them French"; "He instructed me in building a boat"
- 6. determine, check, find out, see, ascertain, watch, learn
- usage: find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of learning (Dictionary)