Synonyms of lick
- 1. salt lick, lick, sediment, deposit
- usage: a salt deposit that animals regularly lick
- 2. lick, lap, touch, touching
- usage: touching with the tongue; "the dog's laps were warm and wet"
- 3. punch, clout, poke, lick, biff, slug, blow
- usage: (boxing) a blow with the fist; "I gave him a clout on his nose"
- 1. cream, bat, clobber, drub, thrash, lick, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
- 2. lick, lap, stroke
- usage: pass the tongue over; "the dog licked her hand"
- 3. solve, work out, figure out, puzzle out, lick, work, understand
- usage: find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of; "did you solve the problem?"; "Work out your problems with the boss"; "this unpleasant situation isn't going to work itself out"; "did you get it?"; "Did you get my meaning?"; "He could not work the math problem"
- 4. lap, lap up, lick, drink, imbibe
- usage: take up with the tongue; "The cat lapped up the milk"; "the cub licked the milk from its mother's breast"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lick (Dictionary)