Synonyms of lighted
- 1. light, illume, illumine, light up, illuminate, lighten, lighten up
- usage: make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
- 2. light up, fire up, light, ignite, light
- usage: begin to smoke; "After the meal, some of the diners lit up"
- 3. alight, light, perch, land, set down
- usage: to come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
- 4. ignite, light, burn, combust
- usage: cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat; "Great heat can ignite almost any dry matter"; "Light a cigarette"
- 5. fall, light, fall, return, pass, devolve
- usage: fall to somebody by assignment or lot; "The task fell to me"; "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims"
- 6. unhorse, dismount, light, get off, get down, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: alight from (a horse)
- 1. lighted (vs. unlighted), lit, ablaze(predicate), afire(predicate), aflame(predicate), aflare(predicate), alight(predicate), on fire(predicate), ignited, enkindled, kindled
- usage: set afire or burning; "the lighted candles"; "a lighted cigarette"; "a lit firecracker"
- 2. illuminated, lighted, lit, well-lighted, light (vs. dark)
- usage: provided with artificial light; "illuminated advertising"; "looked up at the lighted windows"; "a brightly lit room"; "a well-lighted stairwell"
All rights reserved.