Synonyms of limb
- 1. limb, extremity, appendage, member
- usage: one of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping: arm; leg; wing; flipper
- 2. limb, tree branch, branch
- usage: any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree
- 3. limb, edge, border
- usage: (astronomy) the circumferential edge of the apparent disc of the sun or the moon or a planet
- 4. limb, part, portion
- usage: either of the two halves of a bow from handle to tip; "the upper limb of the bow"
- 5. limb, arc
- usage: the graduated arc that is attached to an instrument for measuring angles; "the limb of the sextant"
- 6. arm, branch, limb, projection
- usage: any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of limb (Dictionary)