Synonyms of literate
- 1. literate, literate person, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who can read and write
- 1. literate (vs. illiterate)
- usage: able to read and write
- 2. literate (vs. illiterate), belletristic, literary, educated, sophisticated
- usage: versed in literature; dealing with literature
- 3. literate, educated (vs. uneducated)
- usage: knowledgeable and educated in one or several fields; "computer literate"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of literate (Dictionary)