Synonyms of lively
- 1. lively (vs. dull), alive(predicate), bouncing, bouncy, peppy, spirited, zippy, breezy, bubbly, bubbling, effervescent, frothy, scintillating, sparkly, burbling, burbly, effusive, gushing, live, warm, alert#1, watchful, animated#1, alive, energetic, rested, spirited
- usage: full of life and energy; "a lively discussion"; "lively and attractive parents"; "a lively party"
- 2. lively, racy, spirited (vs. spiritless)
- usage: full of zest or vigor; "a racy literary style"
- 3. alert, brisk, lively, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy, energetic (vs. lethargic)
- usage: quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze"
- 4. bouncy, live, lively, resilient, springy, elastic (vs. inelastic)
- usage: elastic; rebounds readily; "clean bouncy hair"; "a lively tennis ball"; "as resilient as seasoned hickory"; "springy turf"
- 5. lively, eventful (vs. uneventful)
- usage: filled with events or activity; "a lively period in history"
- 6. full of life, lively, vital, animated (vs. unanimated), alive
- usage: full of spirit; "a dynamic full of life woman"; "a vital and charismatic leader"; "this whole lively world"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lively (Dictionary)