Synonyms of lurch
- 1. lurch, stumble, stagger, gait
- usage: an unsteady uneven gait
- 2. lurch, defeat, licking
- usage: a decisive defeat in a game (especially in cribbage)
- 3. lurch, pitch, pitching, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: abrupt up-and-down motion (as caused by a ship or other conveyance); "the pitching and tossing was quite exciting"
- 4. lurch, lunge, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving forward suddenly
- 1. stagger, reel, keel, lurch, swag, careen, walk
- usage: walk as if unable to control one's movements; "The drunken man staggered into the room"
- 2. lurch, pitch, shift, move
- usage: move abruptly; "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
- 3. lurch, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move slowly and unsteadily; "The truck lurched down the road"
- 4. prowl, lurch, loiter, lounge, footle, lollygag, loaf, lallygag, hang around, mess about, tarry, linger, lurk, mill about, mill around
- usage: loiter about, with no apparent aim
- 5. lurch, skunk, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: defeat by a lurch
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lurch (Dictionary)