- 1. machine, device
- usage: any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks
- 2. machine, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: an efficient person; "the boxer was a magnificent fighting machine"
- 3. machine, organization, organisation
- usage: an intricate organization that accomplishes its goals efficiently; "the war machine"
- 4. machine, simple machine, mechanical device
- usage: a device for overcoming resistance at one point by applying force at some other point
- 5. machine, political machine, organization, organisation
- usage: a group that controls the activities of a political party; "he was endorsed by the Democratic machine"
- 6. car, auto, automobile, machine, motorcar, motor vehicle, automotive vehicle
- usage: a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. machine, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: turn, shape, mold, or otherwise finish by machinery
- 2. machine, produce, make, create
- usage: make by machinery; "The Americans were machining while others still hand-made cars"
All rights reserved.
See also: machine (Dictionary)