Synonyms of madder
- 1. madder, Rubia tinctorum, madderwort, rubiaceous plant
- usage: Eurasian herb having small yellow flowers and red roots formerly an important source of the dye alizarin
- 1. madder, redden
- usage: color a moderate to strong red
- 1. huffy, mad, sore, angry (vs. unangry)
- usage: roused to anger; "stayed huffy a good while"- Mark Twain; "she gets mad when you wake her up so early"; "mad at his friend"; "sore over a remark"
- 2. brainsick, crazy, demented, disturbed, mad, sick, unbalanced, unhinged, insane (vs. sane)
- usage: affected with madness or insanity; "a man who had gone mad"
- 3. delirious, excited, frantic, mad, unrestrained, wild (vs. tame)
- usage: marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion; "a crowd of delirious baseball fans"; "something frantic in their gaiety"; "a mad whirl of pleasure"
- 4. harebrained, insane, mad, foolish (vs. wise)
- usage: very foolish; "harebrained ideas"; "took insane risks behind the wheel"; "a completely mad scheme to build a bridge between two mountains"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of madder (Dictionary)