Synonyms of made up
- 1. constitute, represent, make up, comprise, be
- usage: form or compose; "This money is my only income"; "The stone wall was the backdrop for the performance"; "These constitute my entire belonging"; "The children made up the chorus"; "This sum represents my entire income for a year"; "These few men comprise his entire army"
- 2. make up, design
- usage: devise or compose; "This designer makes up our Spring collections"
- 3. pay, pay off, make up, compensate, settle
- usage: do or give something to somebody in return; "Does she pay you for the work you are doing?"
- 4. make up, catch up with, recover, recoup, recuperate
- usage: make up work that was missed due to absence at a later point; "I have to make up a French exam"; "Can I catch up with the material or is it too late?"
- 5. fabricate, manufacture, cook up, make up, invent, think up, think of, dream up, hatch, concoct
- usage: make up something artificial or untrue
- 6. make, make up, tidy, tidy up, clean up, neaten, straighten, straighten out, square away
- usage: put in order or neaten; "make the bed"; "make up a room"
- 7. compensate, counterbalance, correct, make up, even out, even off, even up, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
- 8. reconcile, patch up, make up, conciliate, settle, agree, hold, concur, concord
- usage: come to terms; "After some discussion we finally made up"
- 9. make up, groom, neaten
- usage: apply make-up or cosmetics to one's face to appear prettier; "She makes herself up every morning"
- 1. made-up, paved (vs. unpaved)
- usage: having been paved
All rights reserved.